Saturday, December 4, 2010

Port Blair 2010

I like the way the sea glistens in the sunlight, each molecule so radiant that it may blind you.

I like how the sea stretches out to meet the sky, after traveling apart for so many miles, almost as if two rivals agree to let bygones be bygones and come together in a final embrace.

I like the way the leaves shine after the rain. They almost look happy.

I like to know that there is a civilization living amongst these trees, however primitive. That people still dwell in forests, forests so dense that the sunlight barely reaches the ground. That there are still humans who do not bother to cover themselves with cloth, and sustain themselves on the fruits of the trees around them.

I like how the receding wave lessens the impact of the oncoming one, how something so small can impede something so large, if not stop it altogether.

I like to stumble in the water when a large wave completely submerges me, and to lick my lips and taste the salt once it's gone, taste its only remnant and try to remember the sensation for as long as possible.

I like that moment of anticipation when you've seen the enormous wave of turquoise that inundates your eyes and you know it's going to hit you any second now, and all you can do is stand riveted on the spot, mesmerized by its beauty and its magnitude, completely at its mercy, how man ultimately is no match for nature.

I like the vividness of colors that exists in this place, how you can find a deep purple piece of shell on the beach that is excruciatingly beautiful, and yet realize that the color of the sea under full sunlight still tops its beauty.

I like how the rain and sun seem to coexist so harmoniously with each other, one making an appearance barely two seconds after the other has disappeared, how the Sun doesn't even deign to hide its face while the rain pours over the sunlit leaves.


5 comments:

Sam said...

like!

Monkey With Keyboard said...

^You said it. :P

Disguise said...

:)

VIDYA said...

I want to a sea in my backyard.
Look what your post's done to me.

:) Delightful read!

thegirlwithoneheart said...

Thanks everyone :)