Monday, October 24, 2011

Alcohol

Beer spread through Europe thanks to Germany. If you've ever been there, you'd know that their women drink with a certain sense of dignity. Their men of course, know exactly how to appreciate alcohol. The problem seems to be though, that the rest of the world seems to have forgotten how to.
If you've ever roamed the streets of London at about 3 or 4 am on a Saturday morning (not that it's something I'd ever advise to you do), you'd see what I'm talking about. You'd see women puking, pissing on the road and just generally exhibiting behavior which drastically lowers any sense of dignity they might have had before. Fortunately for them, this is something they won't remember the next morning. All I'm saying is, women have an intrinsic charm to them as a gender. It's a pity to see it vanish completely simply because they've had just about three shots of whiskey.
I'm not trying to make sweeping stereotypes about anything. It's just very bothersome to me the way certain people react to alcohol. Women have a much lower capacity for alcohol than men, and I don't blame them for that. It's a purely biological thing. But somehow, they have a tendency to react rather drastically to liquor. They break down, start crying and usually get rather emotional. There are of course exceptions. But generally, women have a tendency to publicly humiliate themselves when they consume liquor. Men on the other hand, tend to get happy, and if anything even more fun, when they get tipsy or drunk. Which is why males always make for much better drinking buddies than females.
I remember telling a couple of guys I was sharing beer with about a month back at Cafe Oz (decent place; check it out) that I always feel so much safer when I'm drinking with guys than with girls. Thankfully it was just me and them, because I wouldn't like to say that to any woman's face, even if both I and she knew fully well she deserved it. But this is part of the reason I prefer hanging out with guys. If I'm forced to spoil my experience of drinking repeatedly by having to handle women who can't handle themselves and are puking and making out with each other simply because they think consumption of alcohol is a reasonable excuse to do so, I'd much rather not hang out with them in the first place.
I'm not saying I don't do it occasionally. Sure, I like that a glass of good Scotch lets me do or say things I wouldn't normally do or say, or that it lets me let go of my inhibitions. All I'm saying is, I don't drink that glass because of it. And therein lies the difference.

No comments: