Saturday, October 15, 2011

That Time of the Year Again

Yep. I think the time has come to give all my readers a virtual introduction to my whimsical, eccentric and simply rather weird teachers for this semester. It's been a while since the semester began, but in lieu of anything else to write about, here goes.

1. Contract

I honestly don't know how to describe this dude. I used to absolutely loathe him, seeing as how he's so old and teaches in a completely soporific manner, not to mention that he's rather sharp and cutting, and also slightly intimidating. But I slowly realized there's more to him. He's actually rather chilled out. Up till last year he used to be our Proctor, and man, what I wouldn't do for him to remain in that position (The semester began rather ominously with me getting into major trouble with the college authorities for...certain events involving alcohol, and for some reason the situation just escalated completely out of hand. That's a story for another time. All I'm saying is, I have a strong suspicion it wouldn't have had he remained Proctor.) He teaches well if you can manage to listen. However, he is rather sexist and has some sort of irrational fear of lesbians which acts up at the slightest female-female touching/hugging he sees. Also, you can frequently hear him discussing in class things like how marriage should not hamper one's sex life, how he went out to buy his girlfriend lingerie but then she got skin cooties (he was trying to explain the Sale of Goods Act), what is love, and once he even mentioned 'pole models'. So you see what I mean when I say he's an old, chilled out dude.

2. Fam Law

She speaks very possibly the worst English I've ever heard in my life. I think the part of her brain that is supposed to regulate grammar is either missing or has suffered some major trauma in the past. One of my close friends says I'm always very agitated in her class, and I'm quite sure this is the reason. She also gets irrationally angry from time to time. Apart from the fact that I can barely tolerate listening to her ruining the English language, her subject itself is pretty amusing. It derives mainly from religion, hence the giggles.

3. CrPC

By far the most intriguing, amusing and slightly disturbing character of this year's faculty. Looks EXACTLY like a rapist, especially with his glasses off. Also has a tendency to laugh heartily while talking about things like rape, murder or other gruesome things (teaches criminal procedure). It's hard to know what to do but laugh with him. Has a reputation for showing unnatural interest in certain girls if they catch his attention a little more than normal, if you know what I mean. Has a great aversion to giving marks and likes failing people. Rather creepy to look at. In fact, and I think this is an accurate and succinct description, one of my friends said that his face belongs on a poster captioned 'wanted for rape.'

4. Eco

Refer Chief Warden bit (though she is no longer our Chief Warden) here. Actively involved in a live-in relationship with Mr. Contract above. Ironic much?

5. Socio

I like her, frankly. She's one of our wardens and though in first year (refer above link) I didn't particularly like her, she's definitely gained a lot of respect since the whole incident with alcohol happened at the beginning of the semester. She was on our side throughout and I'm pretty sure had we just told her the truth, the incident would never have even been heard of by any higher authorities. What she was most regretful about was the fact that we didn't just come straight out with the truth because she certainly feels a primary duty towards taking care of us. But again, that's a story for another post. Decent teacher. Knows all our names and fun to interact with in class, though just the right amount.

That's about it. Weird lot, don'tcha think? =P

2 comments:

nidhi said...

Tell me about Vinod Kumar. Were you one of those who noticed him checking out my ... ?

thegirlwithoneheart said...

No! Eww. I guess I got the idea though. Our seniors say the same thing anyway. *Shudder*