Monday, July 19, 2010

Me, myself and I

This post is solely meant to introduce you, the reader, to me, the writer. Now I know that currently, the people reading my blog are people who actually know me, and hence know already all I am about to say. To them, I would say, get yourself something to munch on before you continue. Or perhaps even better, don't continue at all.

But a girl can hope. Someday I hope to bring in a much wider readership, consisting in part, of people who might not know me that well. It is with such motives in consideration that I introduce myself to you, albeit a little late (It is my third post, after all. Normally, people get over with this sort of thing by the first one itself. But then, such are the ways of yours truly).

I will soon be heading off to law school. More specifically, National Law University, Delhi. The last couple of sentences alone implicate how completely my life will be screwed over within the space of the next five years. Moreover, I would hate for anyone to draw the logical conclusion here and suggest that since I got through the entrance test for NLUD, I am intelligent. Let me make it absolutely clear. I am not. I am merely very VERY lucky. I had been pursuing Med School for the past two years, and had not put in any preparation whatsoever for the law entrances. Which makes it clear to my readers that indeed, all I did was get lucky the day of the NLUD entrance.

As you could have already sensed, I do not have much of a social life either. As if getting screwed academically wasn't enough. And I am sure that with three ten-page papers being handed to us every week once I enter law school, my situation can only deteriorate.

In a nutshell then, my life is pretty boring. And likely to get even more so in the coming days. So if I have not given you reason enough to discontinue reading this blog by cribbing about my life so incessantly within the previous few paragraphs, I would ask you now to save yourself from getting an overdose of my rather crappy life. Run, my friends, run. Arms a-flailing.

P.S.: I also have a very dark sense of humor. As you might have noticed.

13 comments:

Monkey With Keyboard said...

Delhi? Awesome! *adds one more to count of people who will not be leaving for strange horizons, runs out of fingers and wishes she knew how to mutate extra digits*... why are they called digits anyway? Because you can count on them?

blog.sahil.me said...

You know, this doesn't actually tell other people much about you =P

Espèra said...

Nyx - Maybe numbers were called digits cuz you can count them on fingers? :/
I mean, 0-9 are pretty easy to count on using fingers, right? :P

Minneh - I didn't know about NLUD O.o
Your univ will be near mine! Mine's in Dwarka too. Don't ask which sector tho, I have no clue.

Espèra said...

*count using

blog.sahil.me said...

You can actually count till 24 quite easily on the fingers :P

thegirlwithoneheart said...

@Sahil: I'm not very good at filling those little "About Me" thingamajigs anyway. Exhibit A: The About Me for this blog. I sorta figured people would get to know more about me through this blog's ensuing posts. This was more of a "what stage of life I'm in right now." =P

@Espera: Nice theory about the digits/fingers. Which university are you? Going to, I mean?

@Sahil again: 24?! o.O...HOW?!

Espèra said...

I'm in IIIT Delhi.

Sahil has a secret sixth finger ;)

blog.sahil.me said...

Arrey noo. See, you count the lines on the fingers using your thumb. There are 3 lines on each finger, 4 fingers on each hand, and 2 hands, which happens to make 24 :P

thegirlwithoneheart said...

@Espera: Congratulations!
@Sahil: Aah I see :)

Negative Zer0 said...

your post was too long for me.
i read the first 3 sentences,and can tell you its awesome.

thegirlwithoneheart said...

I don't know whether to be happy that you think it's awesome or sad that it was too long for you. Or ecstatic that the first three sentences themselves were enough to tell you it was awesome. Dilemma dilemma. Sigh...=D

Negative Zer0 said...

be happy it was awesome

thegirlwithoneheart said...

Yeah that's always the best option =D